Saturday, April 14, 2012

PIZZA, PIZZA. NO PIZZA at CIRO'S FOR ME

I am on a forever search for pizza. Normally I go basic, just a plain regular pie, or Margherita.
So, I take recommendations from others and find my way to THAT pizza place.
This trip I go to Ciro's on Staten Island, way on the other side of my island. This place came highly recommended by my hairdresser Nikki, and my favorite Foodie friend, another hairdresser, Kristin.
They both love Lucali's, so I had to trust them. But no one is perfect.. They messed up this time.
The sauce was sweet, and I like sweet, but this may have been a drop too much. The crust, while crispy as I like it, lost it in flavor. It was nowhere, as was the fresh mozzarella.The mozz was so bland, it literally had no taste.  I added grated cheese to give me that lift that I was looking for. I almost added salt, came to my senses, and just opted for a bit more cheese.
You should never, ever have to add anything to a great pie. By the third bite, I was sad, for this wasn't gonna be a great pizza find.
But, the salad was great, all three that we tried; Arugula with shaved parmesan, Arugula with mozzarella and grape tomatoes, and the Mixed Salad. All orders were plentiful and a great value.
My glass of cabernet at $5 was great, as was the pitcher of beer for $8.75.
The waitstaff was fantastic. Thanks girls..
But sadly, I will never make that trip again. It just ain't worth it.
Onto the next place I go.....

This review is about
Ciro's Pizza Cafe
862 Huguenot Avenue  Staten Island, NY 10312
(718) 605-0620

No comments:

Post a Comment