Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Office in Cabo.. on Playa Medano

The Office restaurant is centrally located on Playa Medano in CABO San Lucas, Mexico. What a delightful night out with great drinks, live music, flowing tequila and really excellent food.  First we had red sangria which was tasty & carbonated (a little more than usual) but I liked it. No fruit in it, but still delicious. Then we ordered, a must have, Guacamole, Mexican Sauce and Totopo Chips. 
One of the best guacamoles I have ever had. Not too garlicky, just enough lime. The salsa, which they call Mexican sauce, the best I have ever had.. MUY BUENO.
I then had the Sierra Madre Salad which consisted of Organic lettuce, arugula, Apple, blue cheese, Walnut and avocado, Dressing made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, Salt and pepper. A perfect blending of flavors with the crunchy apple, tart blue cheese, smooth avocado & crunchy nutty flavor made this a hit. 
My cousin ordered the Tortilla Soup, which is a big thing in Mexico. This one was good but not great. Basically it has tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, adobo, shredded chicken and chipotle.. they usually add avocado, sour cream and monterey jack cheese.. 
And for my entree... drum roll please... I ordered, and not because I wanted to deal with a whole fish, but i was assured by everyone in my group that it would be easy to eat.... whole grilled red snapper. This thing was huge. And it was simple to eat too. But the lusciousness of this tender, moist, juicy yet solid fish was exceptional. This snapper was by far the best I have ever had anywhere, on any island, in any restaurant. It must have been caught an hour before it was on my plate cause it was THAT FRESH! It was served with a small amount of rice & black beans, which worked for me, cause I was really trying to eat clean. 
I also tried the steak fajitas which was just delicious. The meat was tender & yummy. It came with a side of their fabulous guacamole and yet more chips. The steak had peppers, onions and tomatoes with a sauce on the side. 
The Office is a fun night out. It is located on the beach, so you're sitting with your feet in the sand and a stunning view of the Pacific Ocean. They have music, a tequila guy who goes around pouring tequila shots right down your throat, if you so desire and even vendors selling their wares off the beachfront. It's pretty, lively and has a great fun vibe.


http://theofficeonthebeach.com/
The Office On The Beach Cabo San Lucas, Baja, Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment