Monday, June 18, 2012

Pizzeria Giove.. Pizza worth staying on the Island for.

My third trip to Giove sealed the deal.. The pizza is truly fantastic. The plain & simple margherita pie has a very thin, crunchy crust while the fresh mozzarella (made daily on premises) has a soft, creamy & just a tad of salt taste. The sauce is the boss, just the way I like it, a little sweet and a really true tomato flavor. SAN MARZANO, the only way to go.
I don't usually order specialty pies, but they have so many tempting ones that next trip I am gonna try two different ones and get back to you on them.
We ordered mussels marinara and an arugula salad for appetizer. The mussels were cooked perfectly and the sauce tasted like mine.. No bull...

The salad was okay. It needed some more shaved parmigiano and a bit more olive oil. 


White pie with broccoli rabe.. I opted for no sausage tonight.. It was fantastic anyway.
 The crust is impeccable. 

A nice full glass of Chianti and I was in.. for 4 slices that is..  Brick oven pizza like it should be.
I can't say enough about Pizzeria Giove.. well, maybe, I can.. I can't wait to get back there. PRONTO.




Pizzeria Giove 
278 New Dorp Lane 
347-286-0635 
Hours: 
Sunday - Thursday, 
10:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. 
Friday and Saturday, 
10:30 a.m. until late-night closing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment