Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vinegar Hill House, DUMBO

One of the greatest meals I have ever experienced was in this small, sort of cottagey place in a very quiet hidden area of Brooklyn, called Vinegar Hill House. The venue was so cozy and warm. At first I thought the menu would be a challenge, but after having to pick something from the very limited menu, I explored outside the box... Yay for me. It was tantalizing. Radish salad? I don't like radishes. This was exceptionally delicious. How can a radish be that good? It was. Main dish was bucatini (can't go wrong with pasta) with chorizo ragu & seared octopus. I wanted to lick the damn dish. What a melody of flavors all joined together to create a freakin symphony in mi boca.. We shared 2 desserts, one was Apple Pecan Bread pudding, which was excellent , was topped off with cinnamon ice cream. The other dessert was a salted caramel custard with melt in your mouth shortbread cookies. I could eat that every other day. The bucatini? every single day, along with the radish salad.. Well, at least for a week straight..

No comments:

Post a Comment